1. The Food Prize. Consists of one Peppermint Pig (http://www.saratogasweets.com/), a Christmas/New Year Victorian tradition. They are delicious and totally unique (like, in the world) to my hometown. Aaaand a box of potato chips. But not just any potato chips, original recipe potato chips like they were when they were invented. Which happened in my hometown. (Or so they say, and believe me, they do say. Did that make sense?)
2. The Book Prize. One copy of Bill Bryson's amazing book A Walk in the Woods (http://www.amazon.com/Walk-Woods-Rediscovering-Appalachian-Official/dp/0767902521). One of these days I'll do a whole post on it. I did pick that book for a reason (other than it's general awesomeness) but if you win and you
BTW, two prizes means two winners! I'll mention here that winning takes some work. My contests are trivia based (20 Questions-ish) and may require a little research sometimes. I think this one's pretty easy, though.
Next up, how to enter:
Anyone reading this can have up to three entries in the contest.
Entry one: the freebie. Everyone gets one just by leaving a comment (and, uh, guessing).
Entry two: Be(come) a follower. Whether through Google, Facebook, RSS, or whatever, I don't care. If it's RSS, mention in a comment.
Entry three: All about networking. Post about the contest on your blog, Facebook, Twitter, or wherever you like (with a link please!) and mention in a comment. Please.
I have turned on comment moderation for the duration of the contest (I hope) so no cheating that way! When the contest ends (at 11:59 on 12/22), all correct entries (and remember you can have three and if you are sure of the answer, using it three times does increase your odds. Otherwise, three guesses means one might be right!) will be put in a hat and two winners will be selected. Make sense? On with the contest!
The contest itself is, as I said, sort of like 20 Questions. I pick a place somewhere in the world (for now we're staying on Earth), probably a place I've been though that might not be much help. I'll give a series of clues that lead to the one (hopefully) specific answer. I think I'm starting with a pretty easy one and just for the record, this place will be featured in an upcoming post. On with the contest.
Where AM I?
- The Grand Canyon is not located within my borders.
- My visitors like things that are faithful.
- Part of me can be described as mammoth.
- One might ask me, "What's the story, Morning Glory?" (The author of this blog thinks I should respond with, "What's the tale, nightingale" but that's not really relevant.)
- I sit on a massive supervolcano.
- Most of me (though not all) is found in one U.S. state.
The contest is open until 11:59 on Tuesday, December 22. Happy guessing!